Novaron’s First Epic Saga “The Black Hand” Comes To An End
When we first started up Novaron, originally with just two players, none of us could’ve imagined how the story would unfold. Not even me. As we enter our 4th year of playing the campaign we start 2015 with a celebration of both the journey the players have taken in this epic story and the loses they have suffered throughout (in-game).
3 years, 2 more players players, and 20 levels later the campaign is finally entering its second saga. Some of the highlights of the Black Hand Saga are listed below:
- Uncovering the truth behind Immeral’s situation and the Order of the Magi
- Discovering that Varner and Varus had been playing the group the entire time
- Learning about the tragic past of the previous group of adventurers (the parents of the player characters)
- Confronting the Black Hand and uncovering their plot to rule the human kingdom of Renatus
- Discovering the sinister motives of the Black Hands Members such as Dark Child and Shambler
- Finally…. uncovering the greatest truth of them all. The grand scheme of the Order of Bah’rut and their ties to the Dwarvish and Elvish thrones.
Moving forwards with the campaign the players will be confronted with tough choices and be forced to make powerful allies to survive. In the aftermath of the Black Hand fight at the Renutian capital city of Niro the human empire lays nearly in ruins. The true king, John Yarland is dead, murdered by the Highfather of the Order of Bah’rut. The group has been blamed for his death and they are being hunted ruthlessly from all sides. Their only allies remain hidden away in the city of Volsinni protected by the deadly waters that surrounds the Rifted Isles.
Who are the new villians?
As the story begins to unfold multiple factions step into the light to reveal themselves and their true motives. The Order of Bah’rut leads the charge when it comes to manpower and resources but hiding in the shadows another faction grows stronger with each passing day. Lylander’s Legion awakened now by their masters call begins their search for Lylander’s crypt eager to set him free. The legendary Lich that ended the lives of countless heroes and killed the legendary mage Morrow awakens in his tomb eager once again to see the world in ruins.
What does Hand of the Magi RP have in store moving forwards?
Having grown so much over the years with many home brewed resources created for this campaign Hand of the Magi RP is looking to start pod-casting its adventures on Youtube! We will be adding story snippets, videos and behind the scenes. One of our biggest upcoming projects is a chapter-by-chapter style book to follow the adventures of the group as the story unfolds. Keep yours eyes open and stay on the lookout! We will be creating these outlets in 2015!